Ramulus Uncariae Gambir Plant Hooks Extract Powder
Prodcut name: Gambir Plant Extract
Appearance: Brown Yellow Powder
Mesh size: 70-80 Mesh
Used Part:Whole herb
Grade: Healthcare products
Test Method: TLC
Reference Price: $ 18.00USD/KG-$ 20.00USD/KG
Gouteng, also called Ramulus Uncariae, is a chinese traditional drug widely used as an antipyretic and anticonvulsive agent for the treatment of convulsions with high fever hypertensive headache vertigo and nervous headache.
Ramulus Uncariae contains rhynchophylline and isoflavone, which has antihypertensive and antiarrhythmic effects.
Gouteng, as specified in the Pharmacopoeia of the People's Republic of China (1977), consists of the dried stem with hooks of 5 species of Uncaria rhynchophylla（Miq.）Miq. ex Havil., Uncaria macrophylla Wall.，U.hissuta Havil.，U. sinensis Havil.，(U. membranifolis How) and U. sessilifructus Roxb..
The main diagnostic characters of stems of above five species are tabulated as follows
|Odor & Taste||Characteristic||Characteristic||Organoleptic|
|Appearance||Brown fine powder||Complies||Visual|
|Mesh size||100% pass 80 mesh||Complies||80 Mesh Screen|
|Loss on drying||5.0% Max||4.13%||5g/105℃/2hrs|
|Total plate count||1000cfu/g Max||Complies||AOAC|
|Yeast & Mold||100cfu/g Max||Complies||AOAC|
Functions & Application
1. This extract can clear heat, tonify liver.
2. It is commonly used in the treatment of hypertension, facial nerve palsy, general numbness, stroke sputum, and the effect on nerve dysfunction is very significant.
3. It has calming and antihypertensive effects and is one of the first choices for treating cardiovascular and cerebrovascular diseases.
4. The powder can lower blood fat.
5. It can be added into medicine, functional food, beverage, food additive.