Pomegranate Peel Bark Extract
Product Name]: Pomegranate Bark Extract Powder/Ellagic Acid
[Botanical Source]: Punica granatum L.
[Part Used]: Peel and seed
Ellagic Acid: 40%, 50%, 90% (HPLC)
Polyphenols: 40%, (UV)
Punicalagins: 20%, 30%, 40%, (HPLC)
[Appearance]: Brown grey fine powder
Ellagic acid: C14H6O8;
Ellagic acid: 476-66-4;
|Specification of Pomegranate Extract|
|Botanical Source:||Punica granatum.L|
90%Ellagic Acid(Tested by HPLC)
|Appearance||Grey Fine Powder|
|Flavor & Odor||Characteristic|
|Particle size||100% pass 80 mesh|
|Loss on Drying||≤5.0%|
|Total microbacterial count||≤1000cfu/g|
|Yeast & Mold||≤100cfu/g|
Ellagic Acid, the active ingredient extracted from Punica granatum L., has the following functions:
1) Anti-cancer and anti-mutation. It has been proved to be an effective anti-carcinogen upon carcinoma of rectum and colon, esophageal carcinoma, liver cancer, lung cancer, carcinoma of tongue and skin.
2) It can restrain to human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) and many kinds of microbe and virus.
3) It is an antioxidant, a blood clotting agent that can lower blood pressure and calm.
4) It helps to treat various symptoms caused by high blood sugar and high blood pressure.
5) It is resistant to atherosclerosis and tumors.
6) Antioxidant properties make it possible to inhibit aging and whiten skin.
(1)Applied in pharmaceutical field, pomegranate peel bark extract is usually made into capsule to prevent cancer, lower blood pressure and resist oxidation.
(2)Applied in food field, it is usually used as food antioxidants.
(3)Applied in cosmetic field, it mainly used in whitening, dispeling spot, anti-wrinkle and delaying skin aging.
In the most significant clinical studies to date, a daily dose of 78 mg of punicalagins yielded such remarkable benefits as reversing atherosclerosis, reducing high blood pressure, and preventing the adverse cardiovascular consequences of diabetes. Moreover, an important clinical study demonstrated that 280-375 mg of punicalagins per day halted the progression of prostate cancer in men who had failed conventional therapy. Thus we recommend you take 78 mg of punicalagins per day for cardiovascular protection, and 280-375 mg of punicalagins per day to promote prostate health.
Pomegranate bark extract powder should not be used by pregnant and nursing women, and overuse (many times the recommended dosage) may cause cramps, vomiting and diarrhea. Pomegranate fruit should not be taken if you have diarrhea. And in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), pomegranate fruit should not be taken with oil or fats when used to treat parasite infections. Some people who are allergic to pomegranate are also allergic to other fruits, pollen or nuts.
Raw material - washing - stove drying - crushing - extracting - concentrating - bi-effect vaporizing seperation - drying - sifting out - mixing - package - finished products