Indian Salai Guggul Extract
boswellia serrata extract
Spec:boswellic acid 85% 25% 10:1
Light yellow fine powder
Product Name:Boswellia Extract
Latin Name:Boswellia sacra , Boswellia carterii, Boswellia frereana, Boswellia serrata
Plant part used:Resin
Active Ingredient:Boswellic acids
Specification:boswellic acids 65% 25% 10:1
Appearance:Light yellow fine powder
Main Function:Treat Arthritis(osteoarthritis and Joint function), Anti-cancer
Boswellia serrata is Indian frankincense or Salai. It is found in Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh in India.
Its aroma is generally considered to be far inferior compared to Boswellia sacra or Boswellia frereana.
In Ayurvedic medicine Indian frankincense (Boswellia serrata) has been used for hundreds of years for treating arthritis. Extracts of Boswellia serrata have been clinically studied for osteoarthritis and joint
function, particularly for osteoarthritis of the knee. A Boswellia extract marketed under the name Wokvel has undergone human efficacy, comparative, pharmacokinetic studies. Boswellia serrata is used in the manufacture of the supposed anti-wrinkle agent "Boswelox", which has been criticised as being ineffective.
It can promote blood circulation to stop pain, relax muscles and tendons to detumescence.
1) Used for bleeing sore and Chest/abdominal pains casued by blood stasis, often with myrrh;
2) Used for treatments of stomachache due to emotional depression and the hyperactive liver-qi attacking the stomach, often with rhizoma cyperi and Radix Curcumae.
1) Pharmaceutical as capsules or pills;
2) Functional food as capsules or pills;
3) Water-soluble beverages;
4) Health products as capsules or pills.
Boswellia Serrata Extract Powder
Boswellia carterii Birdw.
Boswellic acid 65%
Ethanol & Water
NLT100%Through 80 mesh
Loss on Drying
Total Plate Count
Total Yeast & Mold