Black Cohosh Extract
Product Name: Black Cohosh Extract
Botanical Name: Actaea racemosa L./Cimicifuga foetida
Active Ingredient: Triterpene Glycosides
Specification: 1% -20% Triterpene Glycosides
Part Used: Whole Herb
Testing Method: HPLC
CAS NO.: 88105-29-7
Appearance: Yellow Brown Powder
Black cohosh is a perennial wildflower native to eastern North America, which has been found more than two centuries ago. Native Americans discovered that the root of the black cohosh plant (Cimicifuga racemosa) helped relieve menstrual cramps, and symptoms of menopause including hot flashes, irritability, mood swings, and sleep disturbances. Today, the roots of black cohosh are still used for these purposes. In fact, the herb has been widely used for more than 40 years in Europe and is approved in Germany for premenstrual discomfort, painful menstruation, and menopausal symptoms.
1. This black cohosh extract owns estrogen effect, thus improving symptoms of female climacteric syndrome and postpartum syndrome.
2. It is able to anti-bacteria and anticancer. The extract also can anti-rheumatism, alleviating muscle pain and spasm.
3. It is helpful to decrease the cholesterol and blood pressure.
4. It can delay aging, especially the aging of skin and visceral organ.
1. Applied in food field, black cohosh extract is widely used as functional food additive.
2. Applied in health product field, it is widely added into various kinds of health products with the function of preventing rheumatism, adjusting estrogen level and so on.
3. Applied in cosmetics field, it is widely added into various kinds of cosmetics with the function of delaying aging.
4. Applied in pharmaceutical field, it is widely added into the medicine which can be used in treating arthritis and postpartum syndrome.