Black Cohosh Extract
Product Name: Black Cohosh Extract
Botanical Name: Actaea racemosa L./Cimicifuga foetida
Active Ingredient: Triterpene Glycosides
Specification: 1% -20% Triterpene Glycosides
Part Used: Whole Herb
Testing Method: HPLC
CAS NO.: 88105-29-7
Appearance: Yellow Brown Powder
Black cohosh is a perennial wildflower native to eastern North America. More than two centuries ago. Native Americans discovered that
the root of the black cohosh plant (Cimicifuga racemosa) helped relieve menstrual cramps, and symptoms of menopause including hot
flashes, irritability, mood swings, and sleep disturbances. Today, the roots of black cohosh are still used for these purposes. In fact, the
herb has been widely used for more than 40 years in Europe and is approved in Germany for premenstrual discomfort, painful menstruation,
and menopausal symptoms.
1. Owning estrogenic effect, thus improving symptoms of female climacteric syndrome and postpartum
2. Antibacteria and anticancer. Anti-rheumatism, alleviating muscle pain and spasm.
3. Decreasing the cholesterol and blood pressure.
4. Delaying aging, especially the aging of skin and visceral organ.
1. Applied in food field,it is widely used as functional food additive.
2. Applied in health product field, it is widely added into various kinds of health products with the function of
preventing rheumatism, adjusting estrogen level and so on.
3. Applied in cosmetics field, it is widely added into various kinds of cosmetics with the function of delaying
4. Applied in pharmaceutical field, it is widely added into the medicine which can used in treating arthritis
and postpartum syndrome.