Senna Leaf P.E.
Product Name:Senna Leaf Extract
Botanical source: Senna Leaf
Part Used: Senna Leaf
Appearance:Brown Fine Powder
Specification:6%,8% sennoside A,+sennoside B
Senna leaf extract belongs to a large genus of flowering plants found throughout the tropics, commonly used species being Cassia acutifolio (Alexandrian senna) and C. angustifolio (Indian or Tinnevelly senna). Extracts of the leaves, flowers and fruit of senna have been used for centuries in folk medicine as a laxative and stimulant. Senna is also included in several herbal teas, used for purging and in weight loss. The active components in senna extracts are anthraquinone derivatives and their glucosides, referred to as senna glycosides or sennosides.
1. Senna leaf extract has the function of laxation and facilitate water;
2. This extract has effect on relaxing muscle;
3. It is used for antibacterial, such as inhibiting staphylococcus aureus, salmonella typhi and escherichia coli;
4. Extract from senna leaf can increase platelet and fibrinogen, and help stop bleeding.
1. Senna Leaf Extract can clear stomach and purge heat, defecate and can be used as diuretic of hydragogue to alleviate water retention;
2. This Extract also helps to temporarily prevent fluid from being absorbed from the large intestine, thus contributing to softer stools;
3. It is used in the treatment of constipation, working through a stimulation of intestinal peristalsis.
4. Senna leaves are used more clinically, such as rectal examination in the outpatient department, for cleansing the intestine before surgery, etc.